Website Canada Post / Postes Canada
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides front line HR services to a broad range of clients (primarily managers and their teams) and acts as an employee and business champion, and change agent. Provides strategic consultation and services for HR programs such as succession planning, talent and performance management, health and safety, employee engagement, conflict management, disability management and employee/labour relations. Leveraging a broad understanding of the business, partners with HR centres of expertise and local leadership teams to develop and deliver effective, integrated HR solutions and programs aligned with the business strategy.
- Identifies change management issues and works with the business leaders and HR centres of expertise to develop and execute change management strategies.
- Provides guidance and support to the client groups regarding HR employment legislation and standards as well as the application of Corporate Policies and Programs including Disability Management, Labour Relations and Grievances up to 1st level.
- Works closely with the local leadership team and other services in HR to ensure the right people with the right skills and the right behaviours are in place in order to successfully meet business goals.
- Works closely with team leaders, local unions, and labour relations subject matter experts to identify early resolution opportunities in order to improve union relations and reduce overall grievances. Promotes the day-to-day application of Collective Agreements, National policies and directives in a manner consistent with Division activities and corporate objectives.
- Assists the client group in understanding relevant HR metrics, (e.g. in areas such as attendance, safety incidents, employee relations, recruitment, workplace conflict, grievances, etc…) in order to assist them in identifying causal relationships and to develop local strategies to improve.
- Experience using data and analytics to provide recommendations to clients
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or other related field; OR commensurate experience and/or equivalent knowledge and abilities
- Experience working in a unionized environment is a definite asset
- 2-4 years of experience in human resources as a generalist with experience in the following areas: Health & Safety, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Disability Management, Employee Relations
- Human Resources designation would be considered an asset
- Solid track record of building relationships at all levels and proving pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs
- Solid understanding and knowledge of employment legislation, HR trends, issues and best practices
- Bilingualism required for the following areas: Province of Quebec, Ottawa (ON), and Province of New Brunswick
- Experience managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of strategies across multiple geographies in partnership with mid-senior level leaders
- Demonstrated past experience supporting team leaders in conducting investigations to resolution
Company: Canada Post / Postes Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A