Website Bidvest Bank
The position involves the analysis and investigation of alerts pertaining to possible customer and payment screening matches against global sanctions and other watch lists. The Analyst is also required to file applicable reports and recommendations regarding the management of positive matches to the supervisor: sanction screening. Ensuring compliance with the FICA requirements, and the company’s internal processes; policies; procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of all relevant Acts Knowledge of Acts in relation to AML/CFT: FICA, POCA, POCDATARA, POPI and statutory requirements Bidvest Bank October 2021
- Adherence to the implementation of internal procedures.
- Investigating watch list alerts.
- Interprets business unit/stakeholder requirements to provide timeous solutions.
- Knowledge of business processes and products
- Knowledge on how to detect, analyse and report Money Laundering risk
- Identify problem areas and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Analyse and assess business/customer requirements to provide timeous solutions.
- Responsiveness: Speed of responses, reaction time, going the extra mile, turnaround time.
- Building relationships.
- Contribution to making the department a great place to work
- Effort to forge & maintain quality inter-personal relationships.
- Support and drive the business’s core values.
- Maintain a positive attitude and drive.
- Respond openly to feedback.
- Promote the sharing of knowledge.
- Show willingness to help others.
- Manage one’s own emotions (i.e. handling stress in a manner that does not disrupt the team effectiveness).
Open to feedback and constructive criticism of performance.
- Take accountability for the achievement of operational objectives within own area of responsibility.
- Ensure optimal utilisation of agreed office / working hours and Bank resources
- Daily analysis and investigating of alerts pertaining to possible name matches against various watch lists – both sanctions/crime and PEP related – and reporting to appropriate role players/management levels via Sanction Screening System/email.
- Submitting of requests for additional information to relevant business units when necessary, and obtaining such information to make decision/ recommendation on an alert
- Assist with review of alerts cleared by business units.
- Review and escalation of positive matches
- Keep a record of the number of alerts cleared and confirmed; and do ad hoc follow-up on reports submitted to other role players.
- Identification of possible sanctioned/high risk jurisdictions or customers
- Providing after-hours support function to branches on a rotation basis regarding hits registered against sanction/ watch lists and Bidvest Bank internal V-list
- Policy adherence
- Document Control
- Weekly reporting
- General reporting
- Qualifications Matric or equivalent Money Laundering Control Certificate
- Experience At least 2 years of practical experience in the financial/banking industry at sanction screening analyst level
- Good knowledge of AML related legislation and procedures, with specific expertise in sanction screening;
- Payments screening experience
- Sound knowledge of Risk Management (Advantageous)
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the control environment and implement changes
- FICA & AML knowledge and proficiency – specific to sanctions environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while ensuring that assigned job responsibilities and department goals are met
- Compliance and Reporting
- Attention to detail
- Internal Policies and Procedures
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Proficient in Banking systems
- Microsoft Office (Basic Excel skills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of financial industry products and services
- Knowledge of International Payment system (SWIFT)
- Ability to understand and efficiently analyse information from multiple sources
- Ability to identify and escalate sensitive issues with discretion
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- In depth Knowledge and experience of AML WORKING
Company: Bidvest Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A