The Graphic Designer position is responsible for developing innovative, eye catching visual concepts that communicate campaign ideas that increase brand awareness, help grow customer base, and drive sales.
- Delivers technically accurate documents to all teams
- Determines design and layout to bring ideas to life in print or digital with creative design solutions.
- Gather relevant information on current and market trends to understand both the internal business strategies as well as the external competitive landscape.
- Identifies any design concerns or issues prior to final to adhere to product deadlines.
- Presents completed designs for approval to Design Manager, Art Director, Director of Copy & Content or Digital Copy Manager within production deadlines.
- Builds all job document templates to meet print requirements.
- Stays abreast of industry trends for updated printing techniques, cost effective print finishing or web design styles, and new industry substrates.
- Meets with the Art Director to determine scope of project, initiate concepts, select colors, artwork, photography, style of type and other visual elements for the design, produces mock ups and illustrations for print or digital.
- In conjunction with Art Director, develops and designs (print) projects from initial concept to launch which includes specific creative detail such as typography, an/or functionality.
- Sets up all art for printing high quality graphics according-to standards.
- Completes additional tasks as assigned
- Reviews turn in direction, seasonal guides and creative direction and identifies issues specific to design and documents for creative review
- Maintains all creative project and design files, font and illustration library as needed.
- Translates creative strategy into the most effective way to get the message across in print or web media for assigned areas of business.
- Gathers relevant information on current market trends to understand both the internal business strategies as well as the external competitive landscape.
- Prioritizes tracks, handles and maintains records of the elements and time schedules of multiple projects.
- Makes necessary edits and changes until collateral is ready for publication / post production handoff
- Collaborates with Design Manager to identify objectives and to translate those objectives into professional designs to project desired image.
- Continuously searches for new ideas, substrates, print techniques that are cost effective.
- Selects the size and arrangement of the different elements on the page or screen.
- Manages multiple projects that are ready to be designed, or ready for edits.
- Gathers any necessary research and information needed to complete a project.
- Continuously works to design new components that are easily installed into creative process and support business priorities
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong graphic design and creative skills with an emphasis in retail
- Operate basic office machines
- Willing and able to work additional time.
- Associate Degree
- 2+ years related experience or training.
- Able to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Intermediate Level
- Knowledge of related computer applications
- Proficient computer skills to include working knowledge of design software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Adobe Flash.)
- Work independently as well as in team environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills to manage numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A