Website Australia Post
The Fleet Operations Supervisor will lead a team of team leaders and drivers to deliver against agreed budget and performance outcomes for a given facility functional entity. The Operations Supervisor will facilitate the continued improvement of the fleet operations by analysing current performance, identifying improvement opportunities and developing improvement action plans in conjunction with the Fleet Manager. This role is focused on delivering continual efficiency improvement at the lowest possible cost in the pursuit of service excellence.
We are currently looking for a Fleet Supervisor, based at our Perth Airport, who will be responsible for leading the AM operations agents within Startrack. On a daily basis this role will see you:
- Actively develop and foster a capable support and team network to ensure commitment to fleet objectives
- Manage allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to enable achievement of fleet objectives
- Lead and actively participate in a culture of safety, service and productivity
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships, including managing customer relationships in collaboration with commercial and customer service teams, as required
- Maintain and assess ongoing the usage of external hire and general fleet productivity.
- Continuous management of Fleet driver hours and return to facility transit times to meet all connections.
- Develop reports that provide statistical data and conduct trend analysis to assist in developing proactive and targeted improvement activities and programs within the local fleet space.
- Conduct briefings and present analytical findings and conclusions around service issues, compliance issues, operational restrictions and improvement activities to the Fleet Manager
- Assist and identify opportunities for service and efficiency improvement within the fleet.
- Manage any delays or exceptions for further follow up and to ensure the safe and timely return of the driver(s).
We’re looking for candidates that have the demonstrated energy and drive to bring out the best in the people under their leadership. If coaching and mentoring is something you thrive on we’d love to hear from you. In addition to this, you will also come with:
- Understanding of depot fleet operations including optimisation and improvement is desirable
- Understanding of transport and operational decision making is desirable
- Experience in leading a team of 10+ direct reports
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience
- Ability to show initiative through delivery of tasks by going above and beyond
- Builds trust and instils self-confidence through mutually respectful, ongoing communication
Company: Australia Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, Western Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A