Website Aspen Pharma
To support and manage activities as directed by the Procurement Head (in India) to develop sustainable, robust and cost-efficient procurement processes whilst implementing cost savings initiatives contributing to an effective supply chain.
- Drive an optimisation strategy with under the management of the Procurement Head (based in India) aimed at identifying opportunities with suppliers to reduce finished product and materials cost of goods through the effective management of supplier contracts with Group operations stakeholders including members of the relevant category councils and Group Operations SME’s.
- Engage with Group Strategic Manufacturing: Support Services and relevant category councils on all procurement related activities including escalations of business continuity risks and cost associated impacts.
- Manage suppliers with responsible category councils and procurement nerve centers to ensure that supplier deliverables and costing are aligned with group operations expectations.
- Facilitate, track and support procurement strategies under the management of the Procurement Head (based in India) aimed at optimizing cost and material availability/ supplier reliability with relevant procurement category councils and the procurement nerve centre.
- Review supplier base on a continual basis to enable identification of risk to supply and to introduce mitigation plans.
- Facilitate and support category councils on procurement benchmarking to ensure best price across all categories.
- Review cost drivers to enable optimised cost of goods at all times.
- Ensure that all new contracts are reviewed by the responsible legal counsel with relevant input from the Group Strategic Manufacturing:
- Support Services, category councils, support SME’s (e.g. regulatory, quality and compliance) with a final endorsement from the procurement nerve centre.
- Implement and manage the governance of the procurement category council’s across Aspen Group Operations site procurement teams under the management of the Procurement Head (based in India).
- Ensure effective transition of activities from category councils to all stakeholders e.g. Site Leadership and Procurement nerve centre.
- Utilise the Spend Cube to analyse and interpret opportunities with the relevant SME’s to provide one source of truth across the business for the categories in scope thereby allowing the business to quickly investigate and interpret data more accurately
- Provide a view of how Aspen is positioned relative to other players in the market through the use of the COUPA’s benchmarking tool.
- Management of category councils for the identification and prioritisation of savings opportunities and highlight key opportunities for savings based on detailed spend analytics:
- Implement, track and deliver a project plan based on prioritisation of improvement levers and business cases developed from the spend analytics to lead the way to realising the identified improvements
- Ensure compliance to BBBEE in South Africa e.g. vendor management process and qualification of vendors.
- Implement and roll out of the COUPA’s spend cube analysis tool across all Group operations procurement teams.
- Implement and manage the tracking of all group procurement initiatives with the relevant category councils using the Group Operations Project management system.
- Regular updating of benchmarks to contribute to the benchmarking process under the management of the Procurement Head to ensure best pricing for Aspen Group Operations across all categories.
- Bachelor’s degree/ diploma preferred, ideally in Commerce, Engineering or Project management
- Project management experience preferable
- Minimum 15 years of overall required experience
- 10 years of Pharmaceutical, FMCG or chemical industry experience with knowledge of cross functional activities
- Supply chain integration
- Third party customer management
- Pharmaceutical Project Management
- Change management
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Budget and resource management
- Cross functional integration
- Executive reporting
- Internal and external customer management
- Extensive procurement & financial knowledge with insight into pharmaceutical/ FMCG related manufacturing industries.
- Working knowledge of commercial contracting & pharmaceutical standards/ compliance
- Planning & organising
- Initiative, follow up & time management
- Sense of urgency
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to deliver with quality, speed & value
- Decision making
- Ability to work productively and independently under pressure
- Problem solving & logical thinker
- High level of integrity, ethical values & confidentiality
- Lead and Influence Others
- Critical analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good Knowledge of GXP
- Pharmaceutical Project Management
- Product lifecycle management in Pharmaceuticals (API and Finished product)
- Change Management
Company: Aspen Pharma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A