The Legal Retail/Commercial team is responsible for providing legal and risk management expertise across the Retail/Commercial division of ASOS. We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel (or a Legal Counsel with at least 4PQE+ plus relevant retail experience) to assist the Head of Legal for Retail/Commercial and be responsible for partnering with, guiding and supporting the needs of ASOS’ Retail/Commercial community. This is a small team, that covers a lot of ground, and it can only do that by being flexible, adaptable and agile – both within the business and between themselves.
- Assist with continued rollout of updated ASOS T&Cs and policies to ASOS’ current Retail/Commercial Supplier base.
- Support (as appropriate) on other Retail/Commercial contracts e.g. licensing and exclusivity arrangements, 3D printing, collaborations, testing, fit and packaging.
- Support with ensuring retail/commercial and compliance policies are kept up to date and adhered to by Suppliers.
- Be responsible for advising on key legal and regulatory developments impacting sale of products in our key territories and when supplying direct into new markets.
- Advise and assist on global compliance issues (chemical, packaging and labelling), in particular REACH and Prop 65, and product safety issues, including managing legal input for product recalls. Liaise with regulators and ASOS’ Garment Tech, QA and Chemical Compliance Teams as required.
- Advise and assist on delivery issues, including supporting the Tax/Customs teams with customs compliance/seizures.
- Advise and assist the Sourcing, Ethical and Sustainability divisions of Retail/Commercial including in the context of Fashion With Integrity, policies, compliance and remediation.
- Support major projects and workstreams that impact the Retail/Commercial teams, including advising on new supply and contracting models. Experience of drafting and negotiating a wide range of retail/commercial agreements (e.g. wholesale, marketplace/direct to customer, franchise, e-commerce, selective distribution agreements, etc.) preferred.
- Be a sounding board for senior Retail/Commercial stakeholders on strategic commercial issues.
- Act as a role model for the ASOS Legal Department, encouraging collaboration across the business, and growing the credibility of the Legal Department and ultimately ASOS as a whole.
- Identify and provide training to the Legal team and to the business on relevant legal and commercial issues.
- Identify the need for external legal advice and exercise appropriate cost management and control with all external partners used by the Retail/Commercial function of the Legal Department.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A