Junior Buyers play a critical role at ASOS, working closely with Merchandising, Design and Technical teams to build a commercial and trend-led product range for the department that is loved by the ASOS 20 – something customer. They are collaborative, organised, and strategic with their finger on the pulse of fashion – always looking to push the range for our global markets forward. In partnership with Merchandising, and with the support of relevant customer and market insights, Junior Buyers will work closely with the Senior Buyers who are responsible for the delivery of sales and profit targets through a cohesive product strategy.
- Working closely with Sourcing to develop a sound supply base, striving for consistent best practice partnerships and highlighting any pinch points or saturation
- Building strong and competitive promotional and discounting calendars collaboratively with brands, keeping up to date on market discounting activity and taking steps to be competitive by actively looking for alternative opportunities such as first to market launches, added value and exclusives.
- Support building and leveraging relationships with a network of appropriate internal teams and external suppliers to grow new business opportunities and to raise the profile of the beauty category within the business and the wider industry.
- Working c ollaboratively with all business functions to prioritise key exciting and innovative marketing opportunities for new brands, products and promotions ensur ing clear and consistent brand messaging across channels
- Leading cross-functional initiatives and projects, positively influencing and championing change
- Motivating and engaging the team through recognition and regular feedback
- Strategically planning and driving cost saving initiatives or ideas to become more cost efficient
- Supporting with contractual negotiations managing the full process of onboarding global suppliers.
- Anticipating the needs of the 20-something customer, using sales data, customer profile analytics and trend research to deliver commercial product ranges
- Trading effectively by identifying gaps in ranges and potentializing opportunities, whilst effectively managing risk
- Contributing to the building of the Face + Body department strategy that is aligned to the wider business and division strategy globally which will appeal to the ASOS customer, that is commercially thought through and in line with the department strategy, reacting with agility to global market trends and always staying one step ahead of the competition.
- Leading and building a strong team of ABs and BAs, with a focus on growing future talent
- Effectively range building, taking into account Options, ALB strategy and global requirements, with the flexibility to pivot in season to potentialize or de-risk
- Delivering department KPIs to drive margin and profit , identifying and addressing any risks, in partnership with Merchandising
- Providing clear direction and development to the team, identifying individual training needs and encouraging collaborative ways of working
- Maintaining a clear understanding of brand purpose and Fashion with Integrity and ensuring these principles are fully embedded within the team. Looking for opportunities to use sustainable materials wherever possible
- Agreeing styling and visual merchandising guidelines with Studios and Global teams
- Has proven ability to drive the success of a department through creative and commercial thinking
- Is a strong communicator and confident in presenting to senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- Can gain buy in from the team and management to potentialize opportunities
- Has strong prioritisation and systems skills, including relevant Trading systems and MS Office
- Has a creative eye with a strong awareness of current trends, Retail market conditions and competitor activity
- Enjoys working in a very fast-paced environment and e mbraces and champions the benefits of change within the wider team
- Has bu i lt a strong and established network within the beauty industry.
- Uses relevant market insights to aid decision making and achieve the best outcome for the business
- Has s ignificant experience operating as a Senior Assistant Buyer / Junior Buyer within a fast-paced and rapidly changing global Retailer within the beauty category.
- Demonstrates a strategic mindset, using data and insights to leverage opportunities that successfully contribute to the department and wider ASOS strategy
- Ideally has experience within the fragrance category specifically.
- Has highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Builds great relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Demonstrates an effective and inclusive leadership style, role modelling positive behaviours and providing the team with clear direction and development
- Shows strong awareness of current trends, Retail market conditions and opportunities within a Global context
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A