We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing team within Networking. The position responsibilities involve delivering the hardware, configuration and fiber connectivity of interdependent scaling projects across several data center locations. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program Managers.
- Strong prioritization and time management ability.
- AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 1- 3 years of junior-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with common networking terms.
- Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A