Being part of a pool of trusted advisors you’ll have a direct impact in helping our On-Ramp customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You’ll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services. This includes a range of products including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT and many more.
Our Technical Account Managers partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation. You’ll provide advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues.
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
- Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you’ll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
- You’ll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
- Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
- With a bias for action, you’ll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Consult with a range of partners from developers through to C-suite executives
- Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
- Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
- Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools, including: Continuous Integration / Deployment, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef etc.
- Customer obsessed
- Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
- Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect etc.
- Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases,
- DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
- Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A