We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to lead product development of key features in our product roadmap, drive key business metrics, and develop requirements for innovative technologies for an exciting set of launches. As a successful candidate, you will have experience managing complex businesses, solving technical challenges, and influencing key partner teams to drive initiatives to completion. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and to each other. You are a product leader who has the ability to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders, including teams across software engineering, logistics, product management, legal, finance, and core retail businesses. You should be comfortable with an extremely high degree of ambiguity, can work across a wide cross section of stakeholders, and relish the idea of solving challenging problems. You will tackle novel, situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Amazon teams around the globe.
- 8+ years in product/program management, finance, or retail category management
- Proficiency in SQL and other statistical analysis tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience working with internal consumers, especially in emerging countries
- MBA or MS in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in retail, supply chain, compliance, accounting or operations highly valued
- Strong Product Management background – experience owning and delivering end-to-end solutions and experiences, ability to product and program manage business work streams and have experience executing with a high bar within compressed timelines.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A