Amazon Web Services South Africa is seeking a Preferential Procurement professional with proven Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD) experience to support its Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Program in South Africa. As an ESD Program Manager, you will partner with other Amazon Procurement and Supplier Diversity leaders to drive B-BBEE procurement and ESD compliance, and supplier transformation while building strategic partnerships. You will develop and maintain mechanisms and metrics to hold procurement teams and suppliers accountable for performance and delivery, ensuring they positively contribute to transformation practices in the country. You will also create and maintain global Procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams and external partners. This role is responsible for shaping and delivering the overall preferential procurement risk and governance strategy. You will work directly with internal teams to develop resources and manage the translation of the ESD strategy within the organisation. You will also develop the strategy, mechanisms and metrics to manage ESD beneficiaries, ensuring Amazon delivers on its transformation objectives for ESD.
- Embed and take the lead on ESD-related training;
- Lead business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships;
- Drive B-BBEE compliance and supplier information integrity always;
- Provide monthly insights into key risk and preferential procurement requirements;
- Provide support throughout the contracting process, as well as management of contracts post-execution.
- Influence supplier selection processes across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, to create longer-term supplier selection strategies for South African procurement requirements;
- Develop and manage mechanisms and metrics to track and monitor supplier performance in relation to B-BBEE requirements;
- Lead and drive the integrated risk, governance strategy and support the de-centralised procurement team in preparing for the annual B-BBEE certification;
- Support each Procurement Portfolio in risk controls and risk strategy planning as it relates to B-BBEE and transformation;
- Develop and manage mechanisms and metrics to recruit and select ESD beneficiaries at agreed intervals for the ESD Program;
- Develop and implement the ESD strategy, processes and methodologies to enable an effective risk and governance and preferential procurement strategic plan;
- High proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience with at least seven years in a similar role.
- Post Graduate Degree in Business or relevant business discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing B-BBEE policies and strategy, including the Department of Trade, Industry and
- Competition (DTIC) Codes of Good Practice, ICT and/or FSC Codes. Demonstrated report writing, policy review and B-BBEE verification management.
- Demonstrated experience and technical expertise in developing exempted micro-enterprises and qualifying enterprises in ESD programs.
- Demonstrated ability as a Program Manager who can prioritize workloads and manage complex projects within cost and schedule. Strong business acumen, judgement, instincts, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A