We are looking for a highly skilled developer, responsible for analyzing user requirements and business objectives, determining application features and functionality as well as recommending and implementing changes to existing Java-based applications, among other duties. Compile detailed technical documentation and user assistance material, requiring excellent written communication.
- Analysis and development of new features and products in a manner that is functional, understandable, maintainable and testable
- Support, problem solving and analysis for helpdesk & production
- Automated testing of features developed or where necessary deliver test harnesses that enable the testing of the system
- Actively participate in team ceremonies such as peer reviews, sprint planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Support, maintain and improve existing systems.
- N. Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years’ JAVA SE (or J2SE) & Spring development experience
- AWS Experience/ Exposure
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- OO Analysis, Design and Programming Techniques
- Web services (SOAP, REST)
- Database exposure (Oracle PLSQL, MS SQLServer, MySQL)
- Experience in telecommunications industry
- An understanding of SOA, Microservices and Design Patterns
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks (JaCoCo, JUnit) and TDD
- XAML / XML Design Patterns
- Deployment Tools – Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Container deployment, scaling, management, etc. (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Agile Methodologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A