Website Air Canada
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Mechanic at Edmonton Airport.
- Perform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble machinery.
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of gearboxes, sprockets, chains, door panels
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing to Building related mechanical equipment.
- Ability to use welding equipment, hand, and power tools as necessary.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Hangar Doors, Overhead doors, fire doors, etc.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self directed.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- Must posses a valid DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies).
- Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Minimum 5 years field experience.
- Must posses an Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright license or Red Seal
- Knowledge of building mechanics, Hangar door systems, control systems, Mechanical system operation, MIG welding, CMMS
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A