Website Air Canada
Business Insights Analyst’s main focus is in the exploration of operational and customer related data using visualizations and identifying potential data relationships in various datasets. The position will be responsible for integrating operational and customer data to conduct modeling and analysis. The position also includes data mining, reporting, statistical modelling and forecasting for various operational and customer measures. The position will support various branches, cross-functional strategies and will require a data visualization skill set.
- Design, program, automate, and maintain ad-hoc databases and queries, dashboards, KPIs, scorecards, reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain statistical models.
- Utilize analysis best practices to evaluate business issues.
- Develop operational reporting applications to better understand operational pain points
- Provide supporting data and analysis for business case development for various improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate, innovate, and recommend mathematical and statistical approaches for the improvement of current processes.
- Automate current processes and reporting where data is involved.
- Analyze data, identify trends, produce statistical reports.
- Present findings to appropriate value stream.
- Design and program queries for extracting information and metrics from data stored in various databases.
- Bilingualism in English and French, an asset.
- Experience working with data or as a business insight analyst
- Experience using standard statistical software such as R, SAS or other data mining programming tools is required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, can multi-task, and work effectively in an unstructured environment
- Ability to understand financial implication of operational decisions and develop cost-benefit studies.
- Programming and/or knowledge in: SQL, Python.
- University degree or college diploma in Statistics, Computer Science or related disciple.
- Creative problem solver who thinks strategically, is results oriented and attentive to details.
- Strong analytical and applied logic skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A