Website African Bank Limited
- Seeks assistance to overcome obstacles as they may arise
- Keeps stakeholders informed of progress
- Review current processes and rules for business opportunities by means of appropriate statistical models
- Understands and delivers on agreed deliverables and business owner’s objectives
- Ensures high quality presentations appropriate for diverse audiences to make informed decisions
- Analyse data in respect of models where outcomes are not in line with expectations to identify causes for variances
- Define and refine the parameters used to flag a transaction for review and analysis and establish the rules to decline a transaction based on the
- potential for fraud. This will help reduce fraud, increase approvals and provide a seamless cardholder experience.
- Understand and interpret specifications of the model from the business by liaising with different stakeholders
- Identify and recommend suitable solutions or changes to fraud and risk rules in writing with evidence of the identified problem
- Monitor models to determine predictive power is maintained on an ongoing basis
- Prepare a project plan in terms of requirements for completion of model
- Engages positively with internal and external stakeholders
- Use VAA and VRM real-time capabilities to promptly identify and respond to emerging fraud patterns and trends.
- Document process followed to determine findings from data retrieval to final outcomes
- Use the combined real-time insights of VAA and VRM to achieve better transaction authorization performance and ongoing improvement to rules.
- Ensure solutions developed can be practically implemented
- Ensure proactive management of the rules with to eliminate possible compromises and threats through fraud detection and enable better decisioning and more effective risk management.
- Build statistical models to drive business strategies
- Monitor the effectiveness of the rules and execute modifications based on emerging fraud trends.
- Prepare a written report of findings for distribution to direct manager for final approval
- Leverage the real-time insights of VAA and VRM to support ABHL risk strategies and risk tolerances.
- Analyse data and verify results in terms of requested information by applying suitable standard and advanced univariate and multivariate statistical techniques
- Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant business processes
- Track account activity, learn from previous transactions and manage the performance of rules.
- Facilitation skills
- Degree or relevant qualification with quantitative subjects or relevant professional certification
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Card risk data experience and Academic experience
- Degree in Data Science or AI or Computer Science or Econometrics or Engineering or Statistics or Actuarial Science or similar or relevant professional certification
- Interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in VAA / VRM data management and rules optimisation. 3 years’ experience in data science or analytics or academic or financial role will be an advantage.
Company: African Bank Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A