Website Emirates Airline
The Technology Business Management (TBM) Manager brings together financial management and Technology to maintain the TBM cost model, drive optimizations; and enable business case validations that are fully supported by the proper technical and financial details as derived from the TBM model. This Head of TBM office leads a team to ensure that the TBM model is fully maintained with the aim of ensuring that TBM is seamlessly integrated and aligned with the Organization goals and objectives, Value Streams drive a reduction in IT Unit costs and maximize the IT resource utilization as well as ensuring the department is being run in line with industry standards. The TBM Manager is responsible for putting information into the hands of people responsible for spend and budget and for each area to respond as a business.
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports. Collaborate with IT Management and Finance Partners on IT total cost of ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives
- Integrate with FinOps to provide Cloud Cost Visibility, Insights & Optimization of Cloud Costs.
- Govern new releases from Apptio, carry out impact assessment and closely work with Apptio team for maintaining a high quality and stable solution as well as providing technical support for Apptio users.
- As a Team member support the team in Complete reconciliations to various systems of record, such as technical inventories, technical utilization metrics, incident volumes, the ledger system, fixed assets, personnel system, project tracking system, and others. Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on a timely basis and report to Technology Leadership Management and Technology owners
- As a Chapter Lead responsible for the development and nurturing of the team including cross skilling and upskilling across various disciplines in the team and propagating financial practices and disciplines
- Partner with other Team of Feature Teams and IT Capability Leads to help make recommendations for data and operational improvements that impact data quality and/or help reduce unit costs. Track recommendations to completion. Translate long term objectives into clear deliverables derived from the TBM cost model to drive efficiency of spend within the capabilities
- Heads the TBM office and acts as the IT business owner of the Complex Billing service, Procure to Pay Practice and the Apptio solution to drive implementation of transparency and insights for the Business with the goal of providing a comprehensive planning, budgeting and forecasting across Technology. Oversee the setting up of the TBM office within Technology and drive adoption.
- Act as a single point of contact for Business Information Officers and other Technology management on Financial/Technical metrics, the TBM Cost model & Bill of IT. Document and troubleshoot data feeds that impact the various stakeholders to ensure consistency and high data quality around data & insights.
- Direct and lead the TBM Office to provide cross Technology support with the aim of developing a centre of excellence for financial governance across Value Streams and Chapters. Foster a collaborative, high-performance, friendly and passionate team environment, to ensure the retention of critical talent.
- A Subject Matter expert on how Financial Insights & Performance Chapter integrates across capabilities and value streams supporting Organization Transformation and upholding running IT as a Business.
- Strong to expert level skills and experience in formulaic logic such as MS Excel if statements, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Must have strong Infrastructure, Cloud, ITIL/ Service Background.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to executive management audiences as well as exec level interactions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for financial modelling and analysis.
- Strong hands-on experience on Apptio Products especially Cost Transparency and Bill of IT.
- Previous experience working with scripting, report building.
- Degree or Honours (12 + 3 or equivilent) – Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field (Postgraduate qualification in related field preferred e.g. MBA) ITIL certified Apptio, ETBMA Certified.
- Relevant work experience in a large multinational Technology organisation including line management experience.
- Strong to expert skills in data transformation using MS Excel or Access; knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of the TBM model.
- 8+ years Information Technology
- Data analytics and data mining as well as advanced analytical and big data analysis skills.
Company: Emirates Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A